I've noticed that school holidays always seem to come at just the right time. I've never heard a teacher or a student say, "We have a holiday? Wow—I wish we had a couple of weeks more before a break." We've tried to sprinkle breaks and holidays throughout the school calendar because we all need to take a rest from our work.
The Bible has a lot to say about the value and virtue of work.
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. (Colossians 3:23)
- May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands. (Psalm 90:17)
- Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working." (John 5:17)
- Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. (Isaiah 64:8)
- Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31)
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:28)
I pray that you and your family will have a safe, peaceful, restful weekend. God bless!